Friday, January 30, 2009

Unplugged Art Night Update

Well, a few weeks ago I announced my intention of devoting one night a week to turning off all electronics and focusing on doing art. So far, it's been a complete disaster. It's funny, I always put some stake in the idea that if you voiced your intentions out loud and to a lot of people, you would start to turn your idea into a reality. There is usually something about declaring intent that seems to give it momentum, and ultimately helps me stick to a goal better.

Not this time though. I've had good intentions to start working on some paintings, but each time Friday rolled around there were unexpected interruptions- almost in-laws dropping by unexpectedly, power failures, mandatory family gatherings--all things that I COULD have said, "Nope, get out, can't do it," but not without serious social repercussions. Sigh. I chose to go with the flow this time, rather than make unnecessary waves.

And so, Unplugged Art Night is still on the plans, but as yet remains an unrealized dream...

No comments: