Monday, January 19, 2009

Inspiration: Adelaide Tyrol


Splice by Adelaide Tyrol

Vermont painter Adelaide Tyrol stuns me with the way she uses vibrant colors to paint intimate portraits of birds, insects and plants. There is a spark of life to her work that makes me think of Chris Augusta's pastels, something that just lights up within the piece and stops me cold- that makes me expect to see the creatures lift up out of their technicolor universes and burst up into the sky. Tyrol deviates from the technical perfections of scientific illustration and instead captures the soul of the organism in such a way that it's individual personality and expression pour off the page. I love it.

More of her work can be found here: http://adelaidetyrol.com/recentindex.html


Young Rook by Adelaide Tyrol

No comments: