Monday, January 12, 2009

soaking beans

I took this photo while I was making some chili for friends, and it stands as an example of how there are moments in life that simply cannot be captured. I was washing the beans when I was struck by the colors, the textures, the way the light glinted off the wet, beany surfaces- so of course, I ran for the camera while my friends watched and wondered if I was going to come back and finish making dinner. Sadly, the final product doesn't come close to the live version. So once again, I'm coming to terms with this idea that the product isn't living up to my expectations. So now I have to approach this moment with a positive outlook and say 'hey, this picture kinda stinks, but gosh, those beans sure were pretty.' And then go read the instructions for how to use the macro lens.

No comments: